Note: This document was written prior to the research being completed.
University of South
Division of Education, Arts
and Social Sciences.
Geoff A. Higgs: Phone: 8302 4552 or 0403
Thank you for taking on the role of
coordinating your school's involvement in the research project to come.
Prior to the actual research data being gathered, the following conditions need to be met:
1. Only students who have signed permission from a parent/guardian should complete the survey.
2. The participating students should, where possible, complete the survey at one sitting. (It should take between 30 and 40 minutes.)
3. All participating students should have been assigned a reference number prior to starting the survey. (See below.)
4. Students should not be given assistance in interpreting the content of the survey but may be given directions regarding procedures i.e. how to type text in a text box or how to send data to the University.
4. Published results will be anonymous but please do not allow students to use "fake" names to become anonymous from the start. Most will need to be contacted again when in year 12 and "Batman" may be hard to find in two years time.
The Web address for the survey is:
http://edu207295.magill.unisa.edu.au/rs_2002/start2.htm Note: This web address is now off-line.
Geoff A. Higgs.